HCU'S

     Does anyone in the Nuclear Power Industry have a good way of charging
     HCU's.  The Operators have asked for our help in developing a safer
     way of charging HCU's.  At this time, when charging the HCU bottles,
     there is a potential for the bottle to still be at pressure.  When the
     solenoid is cracked open on the bottle, the operator has the potential
     of being sprayed with contaminated water, which has happened in the
     past.  We have thought of using a plastic bag as a containment, but
     this is very cumbersome for the operator trying to turn a wrench, hold
     the bag, and try to use good contamination techniques.  Any help would
     be appreciated.

     Monica Hoelscher
     ComEd LaSalle Station