Re: Sentinel Node Studies

Mike Bohan wrote:

> Your
> license requires that "ALL" individuals who frequent areas where licensed
> materials are used must be trained appropriately for their involvement in the
> materials use.  The most important thing to do is to be there for them and
> support their needs until they become comfortable with the new program.  Once
> you develop this rapport, after a lot of initial work, you will find that most
> individuals will understand the issues and comply with the protocols set up.

Mike and All,

The "new" Part 19 now requires training ONLY if a person is likely to
receive 100 mrem/y.  So, while training may be the best choice, we HPs
now have more flexibility on the training issue, and we can choose to do
no training at all if the likely dose is less than 100 mrem/y.

Cheers, Wes

--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP                KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Associates, Inc.