Survey for Power Reactor RADSAFE members:

Fermi 2 is conducting a survey of Power Reactor facilities concerning the
access of visitors into their Radiological Restricted Areas (RRA).  We are
looking at revising our procedures for the access of visitors/vendors into the
RRA to perform work in non-posted areas.  Our present policy is that an
individual must have "Full Radworker" training to perform any work in the RRA.
 The survey questions are as follows:

(1) Does your plant have an access category for visitors/vendors? If so..
(2) Can the visitor/vendor perform work in non-posted areas?
(3) Is the visitor/vendor escorted?
(4) What is the minimum training needed for access to the RRA?
(5) What type of dosimetry and what limits are given to the visitor/vendor?
(6) Is the visitor/vendor given initial and exit whole body counts?

Please send replies to my E-mail list below.  If possible please provide the
name of your plant and an E-mail address in case I have additional questions.

Thank you in advance,

Thomas Lashley
Radiological Engineer, Fermi 2
LashleyT@detroitedison