RE: Survey for Power Reactor RADSAFE members:

Response to your questions:
1) Does your plant have an access category for visitors/vendors? If so..
Yes, as visitors (security designation),, RP definitions are: as visitor with either no CA and no HRA access (less than 2 hours, EAD only) or as visitors with CA/HRA access with TLD and EAD. Both cases accompanied by qualified worker on a current RWP.

(2) Can the visitor/vendor perform work in non-posted areas?
Yes (and in posted areas,,,, such as CTMT)

(3) Is the visitor/vendor escorted?
Yes, at all times by qualified Radiation Worker

(4) What is the minimum training needed for access to the RRA?
Permission by RP Manager and training by RP Supervisor in accordance with procedure attachment.

(5) What type of dosimetry and what limits are given to the visitor/vendor?
Less than 2 hours and no CA and no HRA === EAD only
Anything else === EAD and TLD

(6) Is the visitor/vendor given initial and exit whole body counts?
Depends on work being done,,, normally yes.

LA Bonker
ALARA Services Supv, Davis-Besse NPS
labonker@tol-ed.com