Re: Worker Skin Cancer Cause Remains Mystery

Sandy Perle wrote:

> This is an interesting article regarding a recent publication
> (American Journal of Epidemiology (1997;145(6):524-531, 532-535)
> about worker skin cancers and dosimetric studies conducted. I highly
> recommend that you look at this posting. It appears to be better
> written than the "Wing" epdemiological study. Notice that THIS
> article hasn't received wide-spread news attention .. yet. maybe
> because it is more even-handed in the dissertation.
>
> http://www.yahoo.com/headlines/970317/health/stories/melanoma_1.html

Group:
There's another report on this same topic, of which I was a co-author.
It discusses the melanoma cases at LLNL in more detail than does the
report Sandy refers to. It too is scheduled for publication soon; I
believe in the same Journal. The principal author is Dan Moore, and his
email address is:runnerdan@llnl.gov
You can write him for additional info if you wish.
--
Wade

mailto:hwade@talltown.com

H.Wade Patterson