Re: Babies Affected by Dads' X-Ray Exams

David:
     Gardner, himself, unfortunately  died of cancer.  But as to his
conclusions, a great deal depends on whom you ask.  Gardner did not presume
a mechanism, and so direct exposure could not be distinguished from
possible fetal exposure from isotopes brought home on clothing.
(an example of indirect exposure).  Work since Gardner's has made it
clear to most of us, that the effects cannot be extrapolated to all
children of workers at nuclear processing. Nor does it follow that X-Ray
exposures were the acive agents.
But I believe Gardner's conclusions as to Seascale were correct.
           John Goldsmith, M.D., M.P.H., Professor of Epidemiology