Re: Babies Affected by Dads' X-Ray Exams

If I remember correctly there was a followup study to Gardner's that
showed evidence that the increased incidence of leukemia was more likely
due to the transient nature of the work force required to build the
power plants and other facilities. Incidence of disease increased when
there was a large influx of personnel for facility construction. The
happenned whether or not the facility was related to nuclear power.

Perhaps someone can help me with my memory. Tomorrow when I am in my
office I'll see if I can put my hands on the study and give you better
information.

Mike Baker

Michael C. Baker, P.E.                  mcbaker@students.wisc.edu
Engineering Research Building       or baker@groves.neep.wisc.edu
1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

(608) 263-4692 (office)  (608)262-6707 (fax)  (608) 877-2373 (lab)