Re: Monitoring/Shielding of 50fs 100 MeV e-

how about "ACCELERATOR HEALTH PHYSICS" by Patterson circa 1973?

BSDNUKE@AOL.COM

Subject: Monitoring/Shielding of 50fs 100 MeV e-
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet
Date:    3/25/97 7:59 AM

Hi All,

Of interest to me here is a researcher who is developing a laser based
accelerator. They predict that their next unit may be capable of producing
essentially monoenergetic 100 MeV electrons in 50-100 fs pulses repeated
with up to a 1 hz frequency.  I would appreciate any advice you could
provide about monitoring equipment  Clearly energy dependance, saturation,
recombination and calibration are big issues.  Fortunately, the lab is
reasonably well funded.

Certainly shielding is also a big issue.  The beam produced will probably
be produced with an initial narrow cone (5 cm spread a 50 cm distance).
Any advice for materials, amounts, shielding codes or references would be
appreciated.

Please send the replies directly to Radsafe.

Thanks!

Bruce Busby
bbusby@umich.edu