Information Request: Passive Internal Monitoring Practices

At the Harris Nuclear Plant, we are meeting our requirements for an
annual whole body count using passive internal monitoring (i.e. taking
credit for the ability of whole body contamination monitors to detect
internal activity). We are using IPM-7/8 monitors (gas flow proportional
detectors) and are considering switching to our SPM-904 portal monitors
(plastic scintillators).

We would appreciate the following information:

1. Do you use passive internal monitoring (PIM)?

2. What equipment?

3. How is the equipment set up and used (count time, alarm level, source
nuclides/activities?

4. Do you have a report on PIM you could share?

5. Is there someone we can contact for questions/additional info?

I'll share any responses I get unless you ask me to do otherwise.

Thanks,

Ben

ben.morgan@cplc.com
phone 919-362-2998
fax 919-362-2307
HNP Zone 5, P.O. Box 165, New Hill, NC 27562-0165

I am not an official spokesperson for CP&L.