Cosmic ray background in Denver

John,

NCRP 94 doesn't report Denver specifically. Fig 2.4 shows air and tissue eq
dose by altitude, with tissue dose 29 mrem/yr at sea level, and about 60
mrem/yr at 2 km. In the Summary section 9 it says the avg is 26 mrem/yr, and
the variation "doubles for 2 km".

UNSCEAR 1993 says 24 mrem/yr at sea level, plus 30 mrem neutron = 270, and
Denver 570 mrem/yr (400 ionizing plus 170 neutron). Annex A, Table 2.

Regards, Jim