RE: Wipe Transportation Responses

Fellow Radsafers,

As a first-time RSO, I subscribed to this list in order to gather
information that could affect my organization.  I also liked the
idea that at any time I could ask a question and receive good,
usable information quickly.  That was the idea, anyway.

What I have found for the most part is exactly what has been
commented on here today.  A sort of intellectual elitism that ends
up bogging down the questioner in so many details that the
answers become useless.

I asked a question here several months ago about efficiency
determination.  I received one usable response and sparked an
esoteric theoretical debate which I ended up giving up on.  Since
then I have hesitated to ask anything for fear of similar results.
Please keep in mind that your audience is diverse in levels of
background and experience.  For some of us, this is the *only*
place to turn when we have a question.  If there *are* any other
lists - perhaps one for the average "layperson", I would
appreciate a referral.

Please excuse the somewhat off-topic post, I guess I couldn't
keep quiet any longer.  For those of you who have been helpful,
thank you.

Julia Sober, RSO
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115