Re: Wipe Transportation Responses

Julia Sober wrote:

> Fellow Radsafers,
>
> As a first-time RSO, I subscribed to this list in order to gather
> information that could affect my organization.  I also liked the
> idea that at any time I could ask a question and receive good,
> usable information quickly.  That was the idea, anyway.
>
> What I have found for the most part is exactly what has been
> commented on here today.  A sort of intellectual elitism that ends
> up bogging down the questioner in so many details that the
> answers become useless.
>
> I asked a question here several months ago about efficiency
> determination.  I received one usable response and sparked an
> esoteric theoretical debate which I ended up giving up on.  Since
> then I have hesitated to ask anything for fear of similar results.
> Please keep in mind that your audience is diverse in levels of
> background and experience.  For some of us, this is the *only*
> place to turn when we have a question.  If there *are* any other
> lists - perhaps one for the average "layperson", I would
> appreciate a referral.
>
> Please excuse the somewhat off-topic post, I guess I couldn't
> keep quiet any longer.  For those of you who have been helpful,
> thank you.
>
> Julia Sober, RSO
> Northern Illinois University
> DeKalb, IL 60115
> (815) 753-1093
> jsober@niu.eduDear Julia,
I have just one simple comment - Good For You!! I am in complete
agreement that all too often people try to "show-off" what they have
learned (or think they have learned). Come back to reality folks, and
let's remember that we live in the real world, not some cyber-world
where people have nothing better to do. Take care all.
Bob Dunn