Re[2]: Wipe Transportation Responses

     OK, I can't resist any longer! The original post on this subject said
     that someone was going to take smears in a lab where various
     radioactive material had been used in the past, and could the smears
     be transported in a private vehicle with no controls.

     As one who has done a fair amount of consulting for various clients, I
     would not answer a question asked this way (which is why I have not
     replied to the original post.) There was not nearly enough information
     given in the original post for ANYONE to give a real good answer. Any
     answer, based on this very limited information, could conceivably
     result in a violation of DOT regulations.

     Lets not flame people for trying to provide information (especially
     when it has all been technically accurate). As the saying goes "be
     careful what you ask, you might not like the answer you get." If you
     want real good intelligent answers to a question via RADSAFE, make
     sure that you provide enough information in your question!!!

     Steven D. Rima, CHP
     Manager, Health Physics & Industrial Hygiene
     MACTEC-ERS
     steven.rima@doegjpo.com