Benchmark Survey

     These are power reactor questions however, all responses are welcome.
     Please respond directly to my eMail address
     (werner.k.paulhardt@consenco.com).

     Internal Dosimetry:

     1.  How do you meet the intent of  section 2.1.2 (Periodic
     Measurements) of Reg Guide 8.9?  Do you have a statistical method for
     determining the frequency of periodic measurements on an "a priori"
     basis?

     2.  Which make and model Whole Body Counter do you use?

     3.  Do you have any good things to say or complaints about your Whole
     Body Counter (Please base on experience/facts)?

     4.  Do you contract with an outside vendor (e.g., Analytics) to
     provide a blind spike to test WBC/Progam QC (ref. HPS N13.30-1996)

     Radiation Safety:

     1.  Which make and model underwater survey instrumentation do you use?
     What are the limitations, advantages, disadvantages of the
     instrumentation used?

     2.  What is your technique for performing an underwater pre-dive
     survey?  Grid type survey etc...?  I would be interested in a copy of
     your procedure if you have one.

     3.  How long does it typically take for you to complete and underwater
     pre-dive survey?  Does the length of time to survey relate to the
     amount of risk associated with the dive (e.g., more detail for higher
     risk areas)or, do you do the same detailed survey for all dives?

     4.  Do you use teledosimetry for divers?  Which make and model?  How
     do you maintain positive control of the HRA, VHRA in your Spent fuel
     pool or refuel pool?  Tether on diver, netting etc....?

     Again, please send responses directly to my eMail (listed above).
     Thanks in advance.

     Werner Paulhardt
     Supervisor-Dosimetry
     Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant