Re: I131 Hospital Waste

I believe that the exemption is _only_ for sanitary sewer disposal and not
at all sewage systems. Some sewage systems have local regulations which do
not allow that.

There has been quite a lot in the local news concerning radioactive diapers
ending up at the garbage burning plant. A patient who is incontinent will
have a nuclear medicine scan and then will be sent home. They then wet the
diaper, it goes into the trash and to the plant where it sets off the
alarms.

Pete

> In the USA, there are no limits on patient excreta, in any venue of which I
> have knowledge.
>
> chris alston
> ccja@aol.com

Peter Fear