Re: N16 MONITORING

While at Florida Power and Light Company, we tested the Merlin Gerin
DMC-100, the Eberline Electronic Dosimeter and the Panasonic UD802 to
iradiations of N16. The irradiations were conducted at the Lowell
University reactor by Dr. Geroge Chabot. The results were that the
Panasonic TLD and the Merlin Gerin over-responded by 10% and the
Eberline over-responded by 10%. These results are only valid for the
geometry of the irradiations, and extensive irradiations were not
performed. Our purpose was to have "some" documentation regarding the
dosimeters, and was not conducted for proficiency testing, which
would have included angularity tests as well. I have made this study
available for others to use when questioned by their regulatory
bodies, or, were just interested in the study.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

mailto:sandyfl@ix.netcom.com
mailto:sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Homepages:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1205 (primary)
http://www.netcom.com/~sandyfl/home.html (secondary)

"The object of opening the mind as of opening
the mouth is to close it again on something solid"
              - G. K. Chesterton -