Re: latex stopping power

I've always said, "One peek is worth 1000 finesses."  Why don't you take a
P-32 source, a glove, and a survey meter and find out?

Here's to a risk free world, and other fantasies.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@detroitedison.com

Have you tried ICRU 37 entitled Stopping Powers for Electrons and Positrons
(1984) ??

At 01:39 PM 4/7/97 -0500, you wrote:
>     Could someone direct me to a table of stopping powers for latex with a
>     density of about 0.94 g/cc? I gather that the vulcanization process
>     can add minerals to the latex, but that 95% of the material is .88
>     Carbon and .12 Hydrogen by weight. The application is to find what
>     sort of protection against the beta particles was afforded by the
>     double gloves worn by an investigator working with P-32.
>     Thanks
>
>     Mark How
>     University of California, San Francisco
>     (415) 476-5303 voice