Re: latex stopping power

>MARKH_at_ehs@CCMAIL.UCSF.EDU wrote:
>>
>>      Could someone direct me to a table of stopping powers for latex with a
>>      density of about 0.94 g/cc? I gather that the vulcanization process
>>      can add minerals to the latex, but that 95% of the material is .88
>>      Carbon and .12 Hydrogen by weight. The application is to find what
>>      sort of protection against the beta particles was afforded by the
>>      double gloves worn by an investigator working with P-32.
>>      Thanks
>>
>>      Mark How

It is straightforward to calculate the stopping power of a mixture of
elements from the individual stopping powers, i.e. in this case from the
individual values for carbon and hydrogen, scaled by the density-thickness
(g/cm^2) of each.

"Shlala gashle" (Zulu greeting, meaning "Stay safe")
mike (mcnaught@LANL.GOV)