Re: skin contamination to skin dose assessment

DAVID HARRISON wrote:

> How do you determine dose equivalent to the
> skin from skin contamination?  Is there a rule
> of thumb, such as X dpm is about Y mrem?
> I'm not talking about hot particles or whole
> body irradiation, but a small area say about 100
> cm^2 or less..........

Reference the following:

"Electron Dose-Rate Conversion Factors for External Exposure of the Skin
from Uniformly Deposited Activity on the Body Surface,"  D.C. Kocher and
K.F. Eckerman, Health Physics, Vol. 53, No. 2 (August 1987) pages
135-137.

Kent N. Lambert, CHP
mailto:lambert@allegheny.edu