Re: Exposure Benefits

William G. Nabor stated the following:

> Thus, by analogy, we admit that people may be exposed to regulated amounts
> of ionizing radiation for benefits other than medical ones.  For example,
> freedom from being blown up in mid air.  I am willing to be exposed to 3
> microREM for that benefit.

This is an excellent use of the risk versus benefit weigthing factor.
The benefit of flying safely far outweighs the risk of minimal
radiation exposure. In fact, I would gladly accept a lot higher
exposure to promoteand facilitate the basic human need to "continue
life" .. which is what this device is all about. I believe that the
general public will accept this as well, having been exposed (excuse
the pun) to the increasing terrorism throughout the world, and which
is now hitting our shores as well.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

mailto:sandyfl@ix.netcom.com
mailto:sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Homepages:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1205 (primary)
http://www.netcom.com/~sandyfl/home.html (secondary)

"The object of opening the mind as of opening
the mouth is to close it again on something solid"
              - G. K. Chesterton -