Re: Location of Radiation Safety Office

Dear Dick:

I have about 300 researchers in a fairly closely populated area and a
hospital in the same area.  But we are located about 2 miles away.  This
cause a lot of problems, with vehicle and parking, etc.  Staff efficency,
and sometines morale, is hurt.  Try to locate as near to as many of your
"clients" as possible.  That will improce everything.  Actually, i've
been trying to locate a suboffice in the hospital, but with no sucess so
far.  Waste storage is less important, but a small storage space near
radiopharmaceutical therapy patients has proven to be a blessing.  If I
had to make a choice, I would probably get closer to the hospital, but
would then lose some with the researchers, esp. with ordering services.

Bob Wilson, RSO (Bob_Wilson@unc.edu)
Univ. of North Carolina
Health and Safety Office
212 Finley Golf Course Road