Re: Radiation Risk News Article

I believe the article was very well written.  I also believe that the
article is stating that one loses about 18 days of life in their
lifetime (from exposure to natural background), not per year, as
can seen by the other examples.

> Yes!  And since when did "exposure" to cosmic background cause an estimated
> "life lost" of 18 days per year?
> Or about 3.5 years of life lost just for living.  If we could walk around in
> lead suits, would our life expectancy go up by 3 - 4 years?

Probably the best article I've ever seen regarding the debate over
low exposures to ionizing radiation. The predominant theme .. many
consider the current regulatory limits to be TOO conservative, and,
many studies are offered in support of that contention.

We should be praising the author and the paper, not condemning it.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

mailto:sandyfl@ix.netcom.com
mailto:sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Homepages:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1205 (primary)
http://www.netcom.com/~sandyfl/home.html (secondary)

"The object of opening the mind as of opening
the mouth is to close it again on something solid"
              - G. K. Chesterton -