Re: x-ray shielding

> In order to protect the other individuals in the room ( a large bay area
> housing other equipment for experimental research) I am considering using
> the 100 mrem/yr limit to determine the thickness of lead to place around
> the device - instead of the 100 mrem/wk for the occupational worker.

If the individuals are "occupational workers" , using the 100 mrem/yr
is extremely conservative. Other than that, it's only a matter of the
amount of shielding you want to provide, considering distance and
occupancy factors, of course.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

mailto:sandyfl@ix.netcom.com
mailto:sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Homepages:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1205 (primary)
http://www.netcom.com/~sandyfl/home.html (secondary)

"The object of opening the mind as of opening
the mouth is to close it again on something solid"
              - G. K. Chesterton -