x-ray shielding

I have a 150 kvp device which is used for ion implantation.  The device
emits x-rays in bursts during the warm up to the operating potential.

Film badge placement to check on exposure found one area that requires
shielding on the device.

In order to protect the other individuals in the room ( a large bay area
housing other equipment for experimental research) I am considering using
the 100 mrem/yr limit to determine the thickness of lead to place around
the device - instead of the 100 mrem/wk for the occupational worker.

Please comment and send any advice to hand@wam.umd.edu or post to radsafe
for information to everyone.

thank you

steve hand
UMCP
hand@wam.umd.edu
(301)-405-3985

If you would like additional information on this please contact me.