Re:Invisible Passenger

As nice as it seems to me to see someone make
radiation work look better, I can't say that this
book will do much to reduce public hysteria about
radiation.  I found the statements to be interesting,
particularly with respect to the FAA having a direction
to inform flight personnel about radiation risk.  In the
power industry, this has meant that we were directed
to inform the radiation workers about what the radiation
risks were, and how they compared to other risks that
they encounter.  We were directed to EDUCATE the worker
so as to put risk in perspective.  The pamphlet that
Gary was kind enough to share, to me, came across as
a warning of significant danger, not advisement of relative
risk. So, I did a very cursory search on the Internet
and found a company called HARMS (High Altitude Radiation
Monitoring Service).  Pardon me if I am about to step
on someone's feet that is on this listserver, but what
I read there struck me as complete capitalizing on the
fears of people that made all the radon monitoring
scams look primitive.  I invite those of you who
are interested to check out HARMS and their
websites at http://www.sover.net/~radcount/crewexp.htm

See what you think.  As usual, since I have expressed
an opinion, my opinion is mine and does not reflect the
opinions of my employer.

Best regards to all.

Judd M. Sills, CHP           |   Office: (619)455-2049
General Atomics, Room 01-166C|      Fax: (619)455-3181
3550 General Atomics Court   |   E-Mail:  sillsj@gat.com
San Diego, CA  92121         |