Re: Genie PC Question

>I recently setup a HPGe Spec system using GeniePC as the program to
>perform gamma spectrometry analysis.  The problem that I am running into
>is that when I perform a Nuclide Identification Report of a gamma
>spectrum, it will list activities for both energies of a nuclide.

>Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix that (if there is a way)
>or which activity do you use to make a report.  I setting up this
>equipment mostly for NORM analysis.

Jason,

Select NID with Interference correction  for your NID report type.  This
will generate a report with the weighted mean activity for each nuclide as
well as correct for any peak energy interference from identified nuclides
with like energies.  Any other discussions and questions related to
Genie-PC are welcomed.  It helps me further understand the system.

Regards,

Dave Brown, chp
NIST Reactor Health Physics
Gaithersburg, MD