Step-Off Pad Operations

  At our DOE facility, we are investigating the operation of our Step-Off
  Pads (SOP) used to:  1) exit from high (alpha) contamination areas to
  contamination areas, and 2) exit from contamination areas to controlled
  (but uncontaminated) areas.  We are considering the use of unmanned SOPs
  utilizing self-frisking of (at least) hand-carried items, and (possibly)
  self whole-body frisks, and the use of walk-in booth type whole-body
  monitors at some locations.

  We would be interested in other DOE and non-DOE site implementation of
  SOPs and their experience with worker acceptance, compliance, and
  competence.

  Please feel free to contact me directly or post to the listserver if it
  would be of interest to others (which my guess is, it would).

  Thanks

  Jim Langsted, CHP
  M.H. Chew & Associates, Inc.
  Rocky Flats Environmental Technology Site
  (303)966-2542
  james.langsted@rfets.gov