Re: Radiation Safety Technician Position Available

At 02:21 PM 4/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, IL will be running the
>following advertisement this Sunday, April 20, 1997 in the DeKalb
>Daily Chronicle, The Aurora Beacon News, and the Rockford
>Register Star.
>
>Applicants must have Illinois residency and should respond
>directly to Operating Staff Services at NIU.
>
>Radiation Safety Technician
>
>Northern Illinois University has an immediate opening for a
>Radiation Safety Technician.  The successful candidate must
>have the following requirements: 1) 16 semester hours of college
>physics  2) 12 semester hours of college math and 3) 8 semester
>hours of college chemistry OR 3 years of radiological safety
>control work experience.  The technician will assist the Radiation
>Safety Officer in implementing a campus wide radiation safety
>program.  Call Northern Illinois University, Operating Staff
>Services at (815) 753-0456 by 4/30/97 to have an application
>mailed.
>
>Thank you,
>Julia C. Sober
>Radiation Safety Officer
>Northern Illinois University
>DeKalb, IL 60115
>office: (815) 753-1093
>fax: (815) 753-0461

These are heavy requirements for a "Radiation Safety Technician" I am a
certified DOE Senior Radiation Technician, passed the NRRPT on the first
try. All this was accomplished by personal home studying. I guess 8 years
of accual experience counts for nothing?

Alan R. Marchand
NRRPT
Las Vegas, Nevada