Re: Medical Physics

Hi Maureen (or Tony if using Maureen's address!!)

I am in a similar situation, except that I am involved in the state
regulatory side also. We are currently setting up requirements and
duties for RSOs in New South Wales. I am personally pushing for an
RPA/RPS - type system. Having worked in the UK, I think it is a
sensible and workable arrangement. Any definitions you get would
be very helpful. Would it be possible to get a summary of what you
receive please?

Many thenks

Lee Collins

> I'm a Principal Medical Physicist working in London. I'm working on a
> document in relation to radiation protection in hospitals and I was
> wondering if anyone has a  written defintion of a radiation expert
> qualified to advise radition users on radition protection and legal
> implications.  This is in relation to deriving a defintion for a so
> called 'Radiation Protection Adviser'. If any one can spare the time
> to respond I would be truly greatful.

Lee Collins MSc FACPSEM
Chairman, Division of Allied Health
Medical Physics Dept.