occupational exposure

William Lorenzen asked for recent information regarding occupational
exposure for med techs;  we have published several articles in the past few
years in Radiation Protection Management--some information within these
articles may be helpful to you.

The articles are:

Study of Photoneutron Dose Levels Produced by Philips SL Medical
Accelerators (Landry, McGinley & Ghavidel; 10:1, 1993);

Medical Doses--Clinical and Occupational (Ken Miller; 7:4, 1990);

Radiation Skyshine Produced by an 18-MeV Medical Accelerator (McGinley,
10:5, 1993);

Practical Radiation Shielding for Biomedical Research (Gershey, Klein,
Party & Reginatto; 7:3, 1990); and

Radiation Safety Program for HDR Remote Afterloaders (Stanton, Holst, Nunno
& Lin; 11-5, 1994).

If any of these articles are of interest to you, I can send you a
complimentary copy of the issue in which they appeared--just let me know.

We are also working on an article with Dr. Allen Brodsky entitled
"Determining Staffing Requirements for Medical-Academic Radiation
Protection Programs," which will appear in the May-June issue of RSO
Magazine.  Once the proofs are approved, I'd be happy to forward a copy to
you.

You might also try contacting Dr. Douglas Frye, who was recently working on
some medical staffing issues.  Try him at 216/459-4434 (sorry, I can't seem
to locate his e-mail address at the moment).
Sharyn Mathews
VP-Publications
RSA Publications
Publishers of
Radiation Protection Management, and
RSO Magazine

USPS: 19 Pendleton Drive, PO Box 19, Hebron, CT 06248-0019
VOICE: 860/228-0824
FAX: 860/228-4402
e-mail: publish@neca.com