Comment on Frontline - "Nuclear Reaction"

     Radsafers,

     After reading the discussions which appeared
     on Radsafe preceding the program on PBS last night
     I was expecting a biased "pro-nuclear" piece.

     In actuality, my impression was the piece was quite balanced.
     Ralph Nader et al were given ample opportunity to state
     their opinions.
     When put in such a format the "dread" of
     nuclear power is exposed as quite irrational.

     I was wondering if the suspicions that the American public
     has of government and the nuclear industry (in contrast
     with the French ) is a spillover of the Vietnam War ?

     My feeling of the Canadian public is that we are
     somewhere between the American and the French.

     Jim Presley
     presley.j@atomcon.gc.ca