Media Bias

John,

I agree. The media is biased. But that's not nuclear power's problem. It's
problem is the fear mongering attitudes and standards-setting by our official
institutions.

Negative media on many issues exists. In most, the public largely ignores them
(even serious issues like EPA's coal pollution initiative). Our problem is our
gov't (and some of our industries and managers who would rather see big bucks
from radiation-phobia than tell the truth about the lack of risk). The media
doesn't produce NCRP and EPA reports, etc etc etc; or even EPRI reports that
do the same (research $$ are powerful incentives). Utilities wer always able
to "just put it in the ratebase". The same with medicine.

Now the 'competitive' rules are changing. Hope springs that self-interest of
those few companies that plan to be in the competitive generation market will
become leaders (when they shed their 'regulated return-on-investment'
self-serving leadership).

If we want to see and attack the villian. Look closer to home. We are working
to see that a lot of media understand the duplicity of gov't and the
self-serving 'rad protection' bureaucracies and contractor minions - wasting
$100s of Billions in the gov't trough.

Thanks.

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
jmuckerheide@delphi.com