Re: RSO Inc. / Tritium Bio Accumulation

The number for RSO is 301-953-2482

Regarding tritium bioaccumulation:

As long as the tritium is in the form of water, I don't see any problem.  You
should take a look at NCRP #62, "Tritium in the Environment."

However, if the tritium is in a biologically active form, such as a labeled
genetic compound, then there could be bioaccumulation.  See NCRP #63, "Tritium
and Other Radionuclide Labeled Organic Compounds Incorporated in Genetic
Material."

Here's to a risk free world, and other fantasies.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@detroitedison.com

1. Does anyone out there have the number of
ROS inc.  I need to buy a "badge board" and I
remember they had some in their catalog.  I
accidentally forgot mine at a site.

2. I someone in our public relation's group is
being asked questions about bio accumulation
of tritium in shellfish near BNL.  I have told him
this is not possible.  I also told him THO is
chemically the same as water, and is water.
The guy wants more than just my word.  I was
wondering if anyone out there with more
experience with this could point me to some
journal articles or such.

Mark Winslow
US EPA - Region II