Re: Re: RSO qualifications

>  --Boundary-5130540-0-0
>
> A recent change to NRC regulations is that, now, even unlicensed
individuals  who are employees or contractors of a licensee can be held
individually  accountable by the NRC in cases of deliberate misconduct.
See, for example,  10 CFR 30.10, for biproduct licensees.  I remember
hearing of a case, although  I can't recall the details, where an employee
was dismissed by his employer  and also issued an individual Notice of
Violation by the NRC.  Deliberate  misconduct includes submitting
information to the NRC that the individual  knows is false.
>   The opinions expressed are strictly mine.  Here's to a risk free world,
and other fantasies.
>   Bill Lipton  liptonw@detroitedison.com

Bill is correct, however the recent change is that it can include more than
upper level managers.  Material False Statement NOVs with criminal and
civil liability have been in place under NRC for a while. I know we used
them when I was with the NRC during the TVA restart project in the mid
80's.

Marti Poston-Brown
MRBROWN@BECHTEL.COM