> Von: Gary Schroeder <schroede@mail.sep.bnl.gov>
> An: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Betreff: Ion Exchange Columns
> Datum: Mittwoch, 07. Mai 1997 15:59
>
> This is a question for the rad analytical community:
>
> I'm trying to locate reference methods for using ion exchange columns to
> process water samples for gamma spectroscopy analysis.  That is, sending
> large volumes (several liters) of water through a column and counting of
> the exchange resin.  The only documented reference Iocated so far has
been
> in a 1963 issue of the Health Physics Journal.  The HASL manual does not
> cover this method.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> =======================
> Gary L. Schroeder
> Brookhaven National Laboratory
> Environmental Protection Office
> gs1@bnl.gov

Gary,

You did not mention, what radionuclides you want to concentrate and
measure. There is the possibility of adsorbing any ion on the right
exchanger. I would recommend to rather search in the literature for the
radionuclides and find in connection with "ion exchange" the method to
solve your problem.

There are other possibilities for concentrating radionuclides - crown
ethers (EIChrom), adsorption materials etc.

Franz