Subject: Ion Exchange Columns
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at internet
Date:    5/7/97 8:58 AM

This is a question for the rad analytical community:

I'm trying to locate reference methods for using ion exchange columns to
process water samples for gamma spectroscopy analysis.  That is, sending
large volumes (several liters) of water through a column and counting of
the exchange resin.  The only documented reference Iocated so far has been
in a 1963 issue of the Health Physics Journal.  The HASL manual does not
cover this method.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gary L. Schroeder
Brookhaven National Laboratory