Subject: rad leak in upstate NY?
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at +inet
Date:    5/12/97 9:44 AM

Radsafers,
I had the opportunity to talk with a fellow Santa Fean and help alleviate
his concerns about living so close to Los Alamos.  For the most part, I
think I was successful at developing a report with him.

During the discussion he wanted to ask about the "leak from Three Mile
Island".  I explained that TMI did not have a leak or release.  He felt he
was confusing TMI with a place in upstate New York.  He seemed to recall a
place that experienced some sort of radioactive leak, some time ago, which
led to many people leaving home.  After some reclamation work, people are now
moving back.  He did not know if this was a nuclear power plant, or what.
Obviously, since I don't have a clue what he's talking about, I could not
talk intelligently about it.  Can anyone tell me what he is talking about, or
has he been reading Mother Jones too much?

Thanks
Jeff Eichorst
Occurrence Investigator
Los Alamos National Laboratory
ESH-7, MS K999, Los Alamos, NM 87545
505.665-6980  505.665-6977 fax
505.996-1117 digital pager, jeichorst@lanl.gov

There are two kinds of men who never amount to much: those who cannot do
what they are told, and those who can do nothing else. -Cyrus Curtis