Re: rad leak in upstate NY? -Reply -Reply

Regarding Jim H's response:

This may have been the  Pawling reactor site
(50's/early 60's?).  I attended grade school/high school in that
area, and I remeber stories about a fire/accident at the site.

> Your memory serves you pretty well David. I seem to recall
> total noble gas releases on the order of 1,000,000 Ci ... and
> radioiodine releases (predominantly I-131) of about 12 Ci.
> Maximum offsite "whole body" dose to an individual was
> calculated to be less than 100 mrem. Does that sound
> familiar folks?

Bill Rhodes
Radiation Safety Officer
University of Rochester
716-275-3781
brhodes@safety.rochester.edu
absit invidia (let there be no envy or ill will)