Re: Annual Worker Dose

>      Does anyone know what the current average annual occupational dose
is
>      to power plant workers?  Also, is there any way to find out the
>      maximum reported occupational worker dose for a given year?
>      References for these doses would also be appreciated.  Information
is
>      needed for an ongoing discussion with non-believers on radiation
>      risk. Thanks.
>
>      Dennis Hadlock
>      Westinghouse Savannah River Company
>      dennis.hadlock@srs.gov
>
>      Opinions expressed are my own and may not reflect those of WSRC,
>      DOE, or any other government agency.

NRC issues an annual report which summarizes the results of their RIERs
reporting - if I remember correctly it breaks dose out by type of license.
You should be able to obtain a copy (or at least get someone to look up the
numbers for you) through your local regional office - in your case Atlanta.
The general information number for Region II is (404) 331-2000. Ask to
speak to someone in Radiation Protection - they should be able to help.

Marti Poston-Brown
MRBROWN@Bechtel.com