Re: Effects of Respirators on Worker Efficiency

OSHA has put out some information related to use of PPE, which many
organizations doing 29CFR1910.120 HazMat/CERCLA site training
include.  I'll try to find the source of the numbers, but it's something like
this:

PPE                                                            Approx. Efficiency %
                                                                  relative to no protection
Class D (gloves, booties, hardhat)           100
Class C (add coveralls, face shield)          85
Class B (add respiratory protection,
     filtered or airline, and full PCs)              60
Class A (SCBA, sealed PCs)                     15

V/R
George R. Cicotte
Health Physicist III
Ohio Department of Health
Bureau of Radiation Protection
Low-Level Radioactive Waste Section
gcicotte@gw.odh.state.oh.us

DISCLAIMER:  The Governor and I don't necessarily agree on official
statements - this is mine, and as such unofficial . . .