Solar Flares and Space Station

Hi Radsafers,

I was watching a live Q&A with the 10 cosmonauts/astronauts this morning
on CNN.

One astronaut described light flashes "seen" while asleep, or in
complete darknesss with eyes closed. This is a known phenomenon.

However, I found very interesting his additional obaservation: that the
flashes were now trails, and that by re-orienting his head, he made the
light trails change their apparent orientation that he "saw".

I think there is some recent solar flare activity producing a solar wind
and a larger high energy particle flux at the space station.

Any comments?

Wes

--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP                KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Associates, Inc.