Field Data Logging Systems

     I work in the Health Physics Planning section at a nuclear power
     station and we have state of the art radiological work management
     software. However, at this time we still manually write radiological
     surveys on paper, which are subsequently entered into the survey
     system then scanned. I have a few questions for those in the Radsafe
     community, not just those in Nuclear Power, who use Field Data Logging
     and Mapping. We are studying integration of such a system into our
     routine survey and routine job documentation.

        I would appreciate your time in answering a few questions about
     your program.

     1. Please give a short summation of your system and use.

     2. Is your system capable of mapping radiation and contamination data?

     3. Were there any major hurdles to implementation?

     4. Did it interface with your existing system, or did you get a stand
        alone package?

     5. Do you feel it has made your program more efficient?

     6. Which company made your instrumentation/system?

     7. Do they have an Internet or E-Mail address?

     Thanks in advance to those who answer. Please do not send a reply to
     Radsafe if it can be at all construed to be commercial.

     Jim Austin
     austinjd@songs.sce.com
     Health Physics Dept.
     Southern California Edison Co.