Re: Atlas Info

Carey Johnston asked for information about the Atlas facility in Moab, Utah.

This facility is a uranium mill, licensed by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. The
facility is no longer operating, and plans for reclamation of the site and the uranium
mill tailings pile are under review by the NRC. A draft Environmental Impact
Statement for the reclamation was issued in January 1996.

The above is my opinion, and may not represent the view of my employer.

Duane Schmidt
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission