Ingestion of soil during excavation

Radsafers:

I'm interested in getting a reference on the soil ingestion rate by workers
during an  excavation.  Is it generally assumed that trained workers will
not ingest any soil, or is this an over-simplification?  Is this a
reasonable assumption if they are required to wear dust masks in the
contaminated area?  I have a reference on adult ingestion rates during
gardening activities (about 60 mg/h), but nothing for workers.

Thanks in Advance,

Chris Clement
Low-Level Radioactive Waste Management Office
Atomic Energy of Canada Limited
clement@vaxxine.com