Surplus LSCs To Good Home(s)

The Public Service Electric & Gas Nuclear Business Unit currently has
2 surplus liquid scintillation counters looking for good homes.  Both
units were in service at our Nuclear Training Facility that has since
transferred their functions into the stations.  They are operational
and have "low mileage".  Some spare parts may also be available.
Specifications are as follows:

One each:   Beckman Model LS 5801 with installed 30 microCurie Cs-137
            source

One each:   Tri-Carb Model 300 with installed 10 microCurie Ra-226
            source

We would prefer to donate these units to academic or non-profit
organizations, so they will receive preferential consideration.  The
recipient(s) of these units must be licensed to receive and possess
the quantities of radioactive material described above.  In addition,
the recipient would also be responsible for any shipping and handling
charges from our Salem, NJ facility.  Arrangements could probably be
made to remove the sources for shipping in separate containers to
lower the packaging and shipping costs on the units themselves.

If you have an interest in either of these units, please respond to
me directly, via e-mail, with the following information:

1)  Your name, day time phone number and e-mail address

2)  Your organization/institution

3)  Intended use(s) for the units

Please respond as promptly as possible, plans were in progress to
remove the sources for return to the manufacture so that the units
themselves could be disposed of as commercial trash.  We thought this
would be an awful waste and postponed that operation to find them
good homes.

Dave Ruyter
dama@waterw.com