RE: CITIZENS GROUPS CRITICIZE NUCLEAR AGENCY'S RADIATION LE

Frank's comment reminds me of an example of Legislative wisdom I believe
I saw on RADSAFE eons ago. Congress was arguing on what pH to classify
as non-hazardous (2 or 3 or even 6). One Legislator piped in with his
opinion that nothing above ZERO would be safe.

I have long since lost that e-mail message and would like to know
specifics if anyone remembers them. I like to use this example when I
talk about ALARA in training. (As in "What does 'REASONABLY' mean?)

STANDARD DISCLAIMER: "I didn't do it."

Jim Herrold, Radiation Safety Officer
University of Wyoming

herrold@uwyo.edu