Position Posting; Information

Hello, Radsafers:

As a follow up to my posting yesterday, advertising our new HP II position,
I wish to clarify.  The "minimum salary" is our legalese wording, meaning
it is the lowest possible starting point.  It is negotiable, and depends on
the qualifications of the candidate.  I don't wish to misrepresent,
however; Universities do pay lower than commercial or DOE facilities, but
there are many advantages, such as educational benefits for the employees
and their families.

As for the duties, the hiree will not do all of the listed things all of
the time; but like in other campus broad license programs, the HPs and RSO
are a "jack of all trades" who do many varied rad safety things, except
waste pickups, since we have a waste staff.  This position is the next
highest to RSO, and is a professional position.  The lifting, VDT and other
physical demands wording is the required wording we must put in the ad to
inform applicants of the kinds of demands that might be placed upon them.

Now, if you aren't afraid of Michigan or academia, we enourage you to
apply.   Thanks for your interest.

Kristin

Kristin Erickson, Radiation Safety Officer
Office of Radiation, Chemical and Biological Safety
C124 Research Complex- Engineering
Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan 48824

517 355-5008                    Fax 517 353-4871
10525kfb@msu.edu		http://www.orcbs.msu.edu