Big 10 RSO meeting call for papers

Dear RadSafers:

The first deadline is fast approaching for those wishing to make a
presentation at the next Big 10 RSO meeting.  Thus far I heard from a
number of people expressing an interest, but have not yet received an
abstract or presentation summary.

I have been told that my initial posting sounded more formal than is the
norm for Big 10 RSO meetings.  If this has caused anyone to decide not to
present material of interest, I apologize.  Our intention is for this
meeting to focus on problems (and solutions) associated with running
radiation safety programs, as well as regulatory updates and other items of
interest.

We would like to be able to present all meeting registrants with a copy of
the meeting proceedings the first day, which is why we have deadlines for
response.  This way all meeting attendees will have the information
presented available when they need it.

I am certain that many meeting attendees have information you would like to
share with your peers, hopefully helping us to better administer our
programs, learn things that have worked (or that haven't worked) at other
organizations, or find out about products or services that are particularly
valuable.  I hope to hear from you in the near future so that we can start
to review your presentation ideas and figure out where we can fit them into
our program.  To this end, please contact me by phone, fax, e-mail, or
regular mail and send me a short synopsis of your planned presentation.
These abstracts will be published on our WWW page as they arrive.

Please contact me if you missed the original call for papers and I will
e-mail a copy to you.  Or, it is also available on page 22 of the April,
1997 HPS Newsletter.

I am looking to hearing from you.

Andy

Andrew Karam, CHP (karam.1@osu.edu)
Office of Radiation Safety
The Ohio State University
1314 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH  43212

Phone: (614) 292-1284   Fax: (614) 292-6404	Alt fax:   292-7002