MREs

ON TOPIC:

I found some MREs (military "Meals Ready to Eat) this last weekend. They
were not refridgerated, and someone asked if they were preserved by
irradiation. I didn't know. Could one of you DOD type radsafers please
enlighten me? Thank you in advance.

OFF TOPIC:

Having never been in the military, and having heard so much about them,
I'm curious to try them. How are they prepared? They have not been
refridgerated. There are about a half dozen individual complete meals.
Also there are some small packets that look like individual entrees
(sliced beef in BBQ sauce, beans and sauce). The crackers, peanut
butter, and cookies are self explanatory.

Please reply to me directly at Don.mercado@lmco.com.

Thanks! Have a good weekend!