Re: RADIUM ORE REVIGATOR

Jesse,
We here at the office have been looking for a Revigator for quite a while to add to our collection. In fact, we have been looking high and low. However, in this case, seems that we missed it when one is right under out nose. Would you be willing to tell us what antique store you found this artifact in so that we look into purchasing it for out collection.

Thanks,
Kelly

At 02:35 PM 6/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Two weeks ago, I saw a "Radium Ore Revigator" in an antique store in
>western Ky. It was a ceramic crock, bell shaped, about 2 feet tall with
>a ceramic lid and a small spout at the bottom. It had the following
>glazed markings:
>On front: Radium Ore "Revigator"
> Patd. 7-16-12 Trade Mark
> The Radium Ore Revigator Co.
> Revigator Building
> San Francisco Cal
>On both sides: 1 Fill Jar every night
> 2 Use hydrant or any good water
> 3 Drink freely when thirsty and upon arising and retiring Average six
>or more glasses daily
> Scrub with stiff brush and scald monthly.
>
>I guess radium was good for you back in 1912. I had no instrument at
>the time so did no survey. How hot are these things and how much radium
>do they contain? Radium is regulated by the states, but what is the
>legal status of this thing?
>
>Jesse H. Coleman
>Health Physicist, MPB 1B-M
>Voice: 205-386-2993